Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Oct 18

Today I visited my first preschool, United Methodist. It is an High Scope school and it was lovely! The director was a great resource for area opportunities and was very interested in Triple P parenting seminars!! My sister, brother in law, and friend Robbie have all given me great contacts and resources for connecting with the people in the know here about early education, intervention, children, and family services! So far I have learned that school district services start at age 2! The public schools run preschools and intervention programs. There is a mix of public and private schools, and just a few agencies that do the work I am interested in. I am hopeful.

My wrist is definitely sprained and sore, a bit swollen, but will be ok I hope in a week or so. Puts a crimp in my setting up my office and a few other activities, but hey, I am flexible! Otherwise cat is putting full weight on his paw and Skye is going up and down stairs with agility! Such a relief! Vet bills were freaking me out!

Missing you all, but am really excited about the possibilities here for new and interesting work, similar to Sonoma County!! Lots of talented and educated folks to meet!




No comments:

Post a Comment