Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 27, 2013
Time really flies! I've been meaning to post for awhile, but time just gets away from me. Busy with new job, pets, and family.

So let's see, I've pretty much got the lay of the land here and hadn't gotten lost for weeks until today! Went to get my cast off after three weeks and felt sure I knew where to go, been there before, etc. WRONG! Completely got turned around went back and again, finally stopped to google map, thought I had it, wrong again! Called to say I would be late, would I still be able to see the Dr., yes! Thank you!!! Finally followed the correct directions and made it just 15 mins late. They cut off the cast, x-rayed wrist again and it is healing but one part needs a bit more time, so, I have a new cast, this one is removable however so I can shower easier.

On the way home I got on the freeway so I could run an errand, and went the wrong direction again, really am challenged with directionality, finally realized, but got to see the snow in the mountains, so not all was lost! They called off county schools on Tuesday due to weather! What weather I was wondering, a little rain, it was cold, but really? It was snowing in the Northern part of the county so if they call school there the rest of the county schools get closed. Everyone I spoke with that day and today, ended the conversation with "weather permitting" !! I am just so confused! It is not even that cold, a bit blustery, some rain, a few flurries, but nothing to call school or cancel appointments for!
This from a California girl mind you! I meanNew England would just laugh at this and maybe put on a jacket! Here people are getting hats, gloves, and snow boots on!

My pets are starting to go loopy with having to be inside so much. Skye gets walks and can go hang with the dogs at my sisters property. The cat is gaining weight and showing me he is none too happy about his confinement by occasionally not using his "box" and clawing me in the middle of the night! I feel bad and decided to look for a better housing situation in January. He really deserves to be able to go out, but it is not safe here. He ran away from me one night I had him out on a lead, freaked me out completely that I had lost him. I had visions of him showing up at Laguna rd a year from now! That book about the dog and cat from my youth that found there way home must have had a big influence on me!

I am feeling very grateful for this opportunity to spread my wings, for my darling daughters support and hard work, my dear friends connecting with me, and my generous extended family. Also thankful to my home team who are keeping Childkind alive and well! May you all be well and thankful for what you have and those who love you, count me in! Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment